Most of the times it happens that you see the black screen on your window 10 system as soon as you login. Nothing could be more frustrated than this condition. It becomes really annoying to look for the safest method and that too not expensive at the same time.
So to resolve the issue of the black screen and cursor appearing we are providing you the strategies with the help of which you may easily troubleshoot the problem. Besides, no manipulation with the other features of the system will be done hence it is a very desirable way to get rid of the concerned problem. You are suggested to go through the article to grab the information.
How to resolve black screen with cursor in window 10
Method 1– switching displays
If you see a black screen on your system before login on Windows 10, you must use Windows Key + P shortcut to switch displays. To do so, follow the guidelines:
- To open project menu, Press Windows Key + P shortcut
- As soon as Project menu gets opened up, do not panic if you won’t be able to see it. Need not to worry for this, it is obvious.
- After this, press up/down arrow key for a few seconds and press Enter.
- If you have done it properly then you will be able to see the screen else you have to repeat the same few times.
Method 2 –graphic card driver Uninstallation
The black screen with cursor issue can be resolved by following this process, you can try pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc/Ctrl + Alt + Del to start Task Manager. Task Manager will help you to start Device Manager by performing the follows:
- Press File > Run new task.
- Enter devmgmt.msc and press Enter to run it.
While your computer is undergoing the process of boot you are required to press F4/ F8 to access of the Boot Options. Though Windows 10 is known to boot at much faster rate than others, this might not work as desired, so the only way to get Boot Options is after some restarts.
In Boot Options select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings.
Now your system will restart, and you’ll be provided with a list containing options. Select Safe Mode with Networking or any other for the purpose.
- To uninstall the drivers follow the steps as given below
- Press Windows Key + X in a combination and select Device Manager from the given list.
- After this, search for your graphic card, right click it and select Uninstall you. Ensure the fact that you have checked to delete driver software.
- When you are done with the driver uninstalling, restart your system. Windows 10 system will start normally and the concerned issue is resolved.
Method 3- Upgradation of the bios
This method requires your expertise as this process may cause permanent damage to your system. To upgrade the system with the help of bios you need to visit the motherboard manufacturer’s website and get the latest version of bios downloaded. You will be provided with the manual of guidelines so you are required to read them carefully.
You must know the fact that certain applications such as Cisco VPN client, Norton antivirus etc may cause this kind of problem. Hence you are suggested to uninstall these applications from your system so that further you do not get the black screen with the cursor appearing on it. To carry out the uninstall procedure follow the steps as given here.
- In order to start Task Manager, Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc
- In Task Manager click for File > Run new task.
- Enter appwiz.cpl and hit the Enter in order to run it.
- As soon as Programs and Features window gets opened up, you can uninstall the problematic applications easily.